10 Fun Facts about working in PR
There’s something glorious about admitting you work in Public Relations, isn’t there?
After being in the industry a little over three years now, here are 10 (slightly opinionated) facts that I’ve deemed true about working in the PR industry.
- PR never ever stops, and checking email in the middle of the night is completely normal.
- You can try to plan out your day, but you never really know what’s in store for you at the office.
- You never get bored.
- Rejection is part of the game – embrace it. Grow from it.
- Coffee is not recommended, it’s required…and wine, wine is good too.
- It’s a lot more work than just earning awesome client swag and taking part in once in a lifetime experiences… although those are big perks.
- Behind every successful campaign are probably hours spent in the brainstorming room, a 50 page PowerPoint and many, many analytics.
- You get to meet all types of people and create beneficial relationships.
- Not everyone does PR well.
- The end result is SO worth it.
I know PR is not all glamorous and far from the reality of the “Samantha Jones” lifestyle, but it definitely does have a lot to offer that’s exhilarating and incredibly rewarding. What would you add to my list?