How to increase engagement on Twitter
If you’re managing a brand’s Twitter page, I assume you’re doing the following things:
- Monitoring your news feed multiple times a day – to include mentions, ReTweets and direct messages
- Incorporating brand news and activities into ongoing content (new products, awards, upcoming industry events, etc.)
- Immediately answering customer service requests, complaints or questions
Even by doing the aforementioned, it can be challenging to come up with engaging daily content that increases followers and conversations. At Full Circle PR, our team has provided the following tips to spice things up in your news feed. Try:
- Use hashtags – Search for popular hashtags in your industry and try incorporating them into conversations. Also, don’t forget the “trending” hashtags, which provide popular topics on a much larger scale. If you can tie in something that is trending with your brand activities, and make it relevant for your audience, go for it!
- Create Twitter lists to monitor vendor, key sponsor and partner news – Don’t miss out on news from your colleagues and peers. By using Twitter lists, you’ll be able to stay up-to-date with important partners and can interact with them when they have news, ideas and information to share (and they’ll most likely return the favor for you).
- Repurpose content from other social media channels – If your customers are tagging you, your locations or products on Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook, then ask them permission to share on Twitter. This gives you the opportunity to engage with fans, while also reaching new ones on a different online platform.
What tips do you have when it comes to new ideas for creating Twitter content? We’d love to hear from you.