5 reasons your business needs a blog
When I sat down to write this blog post, I confess, I had no idea what I was going to write on. I went through my usual routine to stimulate my “content producing” brain flow.
For me, getting an idea for a blog post looks something like this: reviewing my to do list (ah yes, tasks that are fresh on my mind are sure to bring forth some good points of discussion…), perusing my favorite PR and marketing blogs (maybe a summary article is the way to go?), reviewing my old blog posts (how about a topic that I can build on or add to?)…
And when I came up dry, I finally asked myself: what is my purpose for writing this blog post, anyway?
Aha! I got it. That’s what I’ll write on: 5 reasons why you should blog.
Producing a regular flow of engaging content can be challenging (as I displayed above), so you may ask, is it really worth the effort? In other words, “Is the juice worth the squeeze?”
Here’s why I think the answer to that questions is YES.
- Position yourself as an industry expert: Blogging can be a powerful demonstration of your knowledge and expertise.
- Boost SEO: Blogging improves search engine optimization, especially when you utilize functions like tags and categories.
- Build relationships with your clients/customers: When you allow people to comment on your posts, you are opening a discussion platform to engage and build relationships with those who care about your brand.
- Improve your writing skills: The more you write, the better you become. Period.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends: When challenged with producing content on a weekly basis, you’ll inevitably read more industry news, thus staying informed.
What are some other benefits of blogging?