Snapchat & Online Newsrooms: Get on board
Okay, I’ll admit it. I’m a Snapchat addict. You’re probably thinking, why would I want to send a picture that’s going to just disappear forever in 3 seconds? And I agree – it seems like a ludicrous concept, but I will say, it increases smiles and laughs throughout my days so I’m on board.
According to Mashable, “Hanson was enrolled in ‘Strategic Writing for Public Relations’ at the University of Southern California. For the course’s final project, the 21-year-old had to create an online newsroom for a company or product of his choice. He picked Snapchat, the popular mobile app that lets users share videos and photos that disappear within seconds of being viewed.”
In no time, Hanson was getting calls from agencies, national news outlets and customers, wanting to inquire about the company after stumbling upon his digital newsroom. This story is a perfect example of the benefit of creating an online newsroom for your brand.
If I’m being honest, the design and navigation of the website is subpar, but hey, I guess that goes to show you that the look is less important than its ability to serve as a resource.
With that being said, here are some benefits of online newsrooms:
- Ease of access. Get what you need, when you need it, instantly.
- One-stop-shop. News, images, video, social media links, bios, boiler plates, etc. all in one place.
- Sharing capabilities. Copy link, paste, send, done.
- Multimedia components. Download multimedia content right to your computer. No attachments, no FTP sites.
- Real time updates. Easily share up-to-date news in real time.
So what are you waiting for? Go download Snapchat and start working on your brand’s online newsroom. Don’t get left behind.