Finding your authentic voice
The word authentic keeps appearing in my readings this week. In my opinion, it is a word that has a powerful meaning and is one that when said out loud sounds strong and definite.
As a company it is extremely important to be authentic to both your clients and yourself. Finding that “authentic voice” within the walls of your firm can be a challenge. At Full Circle we are constantly growing and evolving – learning along the way what our authentic voice is and how we can use it to better ourselves.
- Practice makes perfect. Creating a forum in which to practice internal communication will breathe life into your team.
- You are the source of communication for your client. This means that your entire team must have the highest level of credibility possible.
- To create credibility map out an internal communication plan.
- Being authentic means asking yourself this question when you are working with a team member: “Did you hear what I meant for you to hear?”
- With authenticity comes transparency, which leads to credibility, thus creating a full circle of internal communication.
Challenge your team in the upcoming weeks to define what your authentic voice is. Let me know how it goes!