Intern Insights: Tips for Twitter
I read a great article on Mashable this past week about some of the most successful brands on Twitter. According to the article, the top brands on Twitter are JetBlue, Starbucks, Vevo, Charlotte Russe, Bergdorf Goodman, Taco Bell, Delta, Dunkin” Donuts and Cisco Systems. The article had great tips on how to engage your audience on Twitter, and I wanted to share them with you.
- Don’t be afraid to say “I’m sorry.” Showcase the people and personalities behind your brand.
- Bring your brand’s personality to life with multimedia. Have fun with your followers.
- Authentically engage with celebrities. With much larger followings than most brands, celebrities can easily influence your brand and follower count on Twitter.
- Everyone loves a good deal. Use contests and offers to drive excitement about your brand.
- Twitter’s not about you, it’s about your audience. Figure out what your audience wants to hear about and tweet it.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously on Twitter. Accelerate the positive comments and embrace the negative ones.
- If your customers use your product or service outside of business hours, figure out lockervecasino a way to be responsive on Twitter whenever they need help.
- Not every brand can be quite as much fun on Twitter as Dunkin” Donuts, but we can all learn to lighten up a little, ask questions and give away free stuff.
- Find Twitter chats to join by using hashtags. Consider starting and hosting your own Twitter chats on a regular basis.
I”ve learned that social media is constantly changing. Like I mentioned last week, it”s so important to research what other companies are doing and learn from their successes and mistakes. Find what people are interested in and tweet about it.